Saturday 30 November 2013

DIY | Winter Essential Olive Oil and Brown Sugar Lip Scrub

Olive Oil and Brown Sugar Lip Scrub 


I have to begin this post by thanking my camera for cooperating with me in order to take a decent photo. I hate using stock photos so for my crap camera to produce a photo like this for me I think it deserves a clap however this does not mean your not going to be replaced by next month.

I think we can safely say that here in England we are well into winter.People begin to bored London transport with there winter coats and festive Starbucks drinks,and little children embrace the cold as they jump and kick there way through the falling leaves. I do enjoy winter, I really do.It's the time of year were I become a little kid again as Christmas approaches and the family comes together,but my skin! oh no no no it does not enjoy the winter months at all. In particular this year my lips have been a major problem as they seem to be struggling to adjust to the colder season. They have been constantly dry for weeks and I have tried every lips product that I own to try and keep them moisturised but give it 20 minutes and there dry and peeling again. My only solution it my Olive oil and Brown sugar lip scrub. It is so simple to make and you do not need a lot. I purchased a small jar today for £1.20 to store it in once made, there quite easy to find in bakery stores. I do know lush do a similar product but why pay £5 for a lip scrub when you can have a homemade one with ingredients you most definitely have in your cupboard.

I have left some instructions below if any one wants to try it:)

Ingredients:

1/2 Tablespoon of Olive Oil

2/3 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar (Or white if you don't have brown but brown sugar is better as it does not dissolve as much into the olive oil as white sugar)

Bowl | Spoon | Jar 

Method

1. Place the sugar and olive and oil into a bowl and stir.
2. Transfer into your jar and place into fridge (optional) to help the scrub set.
3.Apply to lips as needed. (I usually use my ring finger)

Disclaimer: I am not claiming this as an original idea of my own. There are many lip scrubs with the same ingredients and methods as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment