Saturday 9 November 2013

Photography | Exploring your surroundings


All photos taken by the one and only 

I don't know what it is but I really hate post with loads of photographs and you have to keep scrolling your mouse just to get to the actual text (just me?). Anyway for agessssss now I have been interested in photography. I am by no means an expert in the subject but when I first started reading blogs I was climbing the walls as I wanted a camera to go out and take some snaps. I have a Nikon digital bridge camera, nothing special. It is awful for indoor photography but with a bit of editing it is perfect for outdoor photography.

Exploring your surroundings is not something many people do including myself. I recently started six form college and I am lucky enough to be right opposite Portobello Market. If you don't know where Portobello market is, it is located where the Nottinghill carnival is every year. I would describe the market as a down graded Camden market, they have one vintage shop where according to the owner most of my college buy there clothes from (Levi obsessions) and some more modern shops like American Apparel, Office and Jack Wills. On a friday-Sunday there is the vintage market where you can find vintage Barbour coats, and just old vintage stuff most of which is not branded stuff but there are some nice pieces.

I would of like to of taken some more pictures of the vintage market but most owners so not allow photography which is understandable and annoying at the same time as I am only 17 i'm not going to replicate your stuff.....I shop for the goods,not produce the goods! You get meh!

I love that I have a market near my six form as I have a couple free periods back to back on a Friday so I tend to walk down there on my own (as being in a six form college with one thousand,two hundred  16-19 year olds can be very tiring and overwhelming) look at the stalls and sometime sit outside Cafe Nero ( student life is bliss lol)

In other news : This week I took at trip to the East End Thrift store, they do this thing where you can buy a £10 bag or a £20 bag and fill it up with stuff and as long as you can but the handles together you can keep everything , there are only certain parts of the store where you fill your bag up,but more details here and if you take a trip up there they will explain to you (btw the store is on a back street and not easy to find, I had to call them! Took me 25 minutes to find)

My college is located near Westfield White City, so I have to walk through there when I go to my nans on a Tuesday and Friday. I passed the new Yankee candle store only to see a window notice advertising for part time and full time jobs. I popped my cv in today so fingers crossed I get it.

Do you have any cool places near your home, work, college ect ......

Rianna x

2 comments:

  1. I'm guilty of your first line, whoops! Omg I'm still yet to go to the East End Thirft store, looks absolutely amaze!

    Bootyfurl
    Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rianna,

    I've nominated you for the Liebster Blogging Award because I love your blog! You can see the details and why I nominated you here: http://scarpheliaetc.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/the-liebster-award.html

    Much love and keep up the good work!

    Katie xo

    ReplyDelete